Check the Background of Your Investment Professional
Look Up a Brokerage Firm or Individual Broker in BrokerCheck
BrokerCheck is a free tool to help investors research the professional backgrounds of current and former FINRA-registered brokerage firms and brokers. It should be the first resource investors turn to when choosing whether to do business or continue to do business with a particular broker or brokerage firm.
Through BrokerCheck, investors can:
- Search for both brokers and brokerage firms
- Obtain online delivery of a background report
- View explanatory information to help them better understand the content, context and source of the information provided
- See links to additional resources and tools
The information made available through BrokerCheck is derived from the Central Registration Depository (CRD®), the securities industry online registration and licensing database. Information in CRD is obtained through forms that brokers, brokerage firms and regulators complete as part of the securities industry registration and licensing process. BrokerCheck features professional background information on approximately 1.3 million current and former FINRA-registered brokers and 17,000 current and former FINRA-registered brokerage firms.
For questions regarding BrokerCheck:
- Call toll-free (800) 289-9999 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Eastern Time