Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some, but not all, sharing of personal information. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
SANDLAPPER Securities, LLC collects personal information about you to help us serve your financial needs, process transactions in your account(s), provide customer service, offer new products or services, and fulfill legal and regulatory requirements.
SANDLAPPER Securities, LLC collects nonpublic personal information from you, as well as from other sources. The sources and the information collected may include:
- Information you provide to us, to our affiliated entities, or to your advisor on applications and related forms, through discussions with our customer service staff, or on our website, such as address, social security number, birth date, net worth, assets, income, and medical information, if applying for insurance.
- Information regarding your transaction history with us, such as products or services purchased, account balances, trading history, and payment history, as well as information from information service companies and consumer reporting agencies, such as your transactions or credit relationships with unaffiliated third parties.
- Information from other unaffiliated third parties, including employers, associations, benefit plan sponsors, and other institutions, if you transfer positions or funds to SANDLAPPER Securities, LLC, such as address, social security number, net worth, assets, and income.
We may disclose any of the nonpublic personal information that we collect about you, as required to conduct our business and as permitted or required by law. We may share information about our customers with our affiliated insurance company and/or with unaffiliated financial or nonfinancial services providers, such as insurance companies, broker/dealers, investment advisors, mutual fund companies, banks, investment firms, third-party administrators, clearing firms, retirement plan sponsors, and other third parties who assist us in obtaining business or providing account maintenance or customer service to your account(s). In addition, we may share some or all of the information we collect with other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. Furthermore, we also may share your information with auditors, regulators, and law enforcement organizations or in response to a subpoena or discovery request, as permitted or required by law.
If the advisor servicing your account(s) leaves SANDLAPPER Securities, LLC to join another financial institution, the advisor may retain copies of your personal information so that he or she can continue to serve you at the new firm. In doing so, your advisor may share your information with the new firm but is otherwise required to keep confidential the personal information obtained from you while the advisor was affiliated with SANDLAPPER Securities, LLC, and he or she may only use it to service your account(s).
If you live in an “opt-in” state, where we are required to obtain your affirmative consent to share your nonpublic personal information with unaffiliated third parties who do not currently assist us in servicing your account or conducting our business, your advisor is required to obtain your consent before your advisor can take your information with him or her should your advisor leave SANDLAPPER Securities, LLC. Please note: You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the Compliance department at 864-679-4701. In addition, please see below for “Important Information for California and Vermont Residents.”
If you do not want your advisor to take your information with him or her should your advisor decide to leave SANDLAPPER Securities, LLC in the future, you have the right to opt out of such disclosure. If you have a joint account, we will treat an opt-out direction by a joint customer as applying to all associated joint customers. If you wish to opt out, now or at any time in the future, please contact our Compliance department by phone at 864-679-4701, or by mail at SANDLAPPER Securities, LLC, SANDLAPPER FINANCIAL CENTER, 800 E. North Street, Second Floor, Greenville, SC 29601.
SANDLAPPER Securities, LLC recognizes the need to prevent unauthorized access to the information we collect, including information held in electronic format. SANDLAPPER Securities, LLC authorizes access to your nonpublic personal information only to parties with whom we have executed confidentiality/nondisclosure agreements and who need that information to serve you or to assist us in conducting our operations. We maintain physical, electronic, procedural, and contractual safeguards regarding your nonpublic personal information to ensure that we comply with our own policy, industry practices, and federal and state regulations. And we train our employees in the proper handling of sensitive information. If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive customer, we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described in this notice.
The SANDLAPPER Securities, LLC privacy protections apply automatically to all of our customers and former customers. If you have any questions we please contact your advisor or write to SANDLAPPER Securities, LLC, SANDLAPPER FINANCIAL CENTER, 800 E. North Street, Second Floor, Greenville, SC 29601.
- California residents: For accounts with a California mailing address, we will not share your personal information with a financial company for joint marketing purposes except as required or permitted by law.
- Vermont residents: For accounts with a Vermont mailing address, we will not share your creditworthiness information with our affiliates except as required or permitted by law. For joint marketing with other financial companies, we will disclose only your name, contact information, and information about your transactions, unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
Securities are not FDIC- or NCUA-insured; not guaranteed by any bank, credit union, or government agency; and are subject to risk, including potential loss of principal invested.